TEST SYSTEM ENGINEER – Crawley, West Sussex UK
We are currently seeking to hire an experienced Test Software Engineer to join our growing team based at our UK headquarters reporting to Vice President of Operations.
The Test Software Engineer will work with a small team of engineers and scientists in the UK to undertake the production of an automated test platform that can pull data from multiple hardware sources and calculate results into an internal and customer-facing document.
The following key areas of responsibility describe the main elements of your role that you are expected to perform in the normal course of your duties:
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Design and develop manufacturing test software for the production testing of high power lasers.
- Build and design a SLQ database, linking to queries to produce internal and customer facing test documents.
- Design and develop software control systems for high power lasers and peripheral devices. This includes Windows based GUI development as well as embedded firmware.
- Software design aspects of key projects, managing the development programme and timescales through to the release.
- Creation of documentation to support the full engineering lifecycle, including requirements, design, test specification, risk assessment and user documentation.
- Maintain existing technology systems, in terms of maintenance and customer specific design requirements.
- Help to define quality systems and procedures, including document management and revision control.
- Provide reports of test results, development progress and timescales.
- Work in collaboration with other development staff providing guidance and direction for assigned projects.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and field service when required.
The following skills and attributes are required to adequately fulfill this role:
- Experience and demonstrate proficiency in imbedded software engineering, ability to program in C/C++, C#, Java, Python or similar.
- Ability to program in one of the above-mentioned software languages to control measurement hardware. Such as power meters, oscilloscopes and signal generators for automated production tests.
- Experience in building and maintaining an SQL database. Writing control software that sends and receives data live during measurement to for mentioned database.
- New product development and support of manufacturing test and automation activities.
- Programming electronic controls of industrial manufacturing systems and preferably industrial laser systems controls.
- Maintaining and developing software used in the development and manufacture of industrial equipment and control systems.
- Knowledge of microcontroller and microprocessor programming and interfacing, like ARM and FPGA is highly advantageous.
- Ability to specify and understand electronic hardware.
- Strong communication skills required for interaction within group, with customers, R&D, and sales colleagues.
- Able to implement and improve upon current programming practices in pursuit of department goals.
- Competitive salary;
- 25 days' annual leave plus bank holidays;
- Workplace pension scheme;
- Wellbeing cashback plan;
- Casual and creative work environment;
- Balanced work-life company culture.
If you believe that you have what it takes to flourish and succeed in this role, send your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Strictly no agencies please