SENIOR PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN – Crawley, West Sussex UK
We are currently seeking to hire an experienced Senior Production Technician to join our growing team based at our UK headquarters reporting to the Director of Production.
The Senior Production Technician will work with a small team of engineers and scientists in the UK to support developments of Optical and electrical parts and sub-assemblies in the production of the Company’s high-power Fibre laser systems.
The following key areas of responsibility describe the main elements of your role that you are expected to perform in the normal course of your duties:
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Assembly of optical/mechanical/electronic assemblies to a high standard for customer systems during the early development lifecycle.
- Ensure Production build equipment is maintained and is adequately logged.
- Assist with developing manufacturing infrastructure implementing lean principles e.g. Kanban’s, supermarkets, pull etc.
- Working with product development team on prototype and pre-production systems to assemble one off systems.
- Generate SQL reports for manufacturing.
- Logging and reporting of failure modes/yield etc.
- Initial Product investigation.
- Advising engineering group on drawing changes and assembly methods to feed into DFM.
The following skills and attributes are required to adequately fulfill this role:
- Experience of fibre laser build and test equipment, and knowledge of maintenance/TPM of said items.
- To possess a reasonable understanding of electrical, mechanical and optical designs, equipment and drawings.
- To be in possession of solid experience and a reasonable understanding of optical and electrical component assembly.
- To have experience in process design and implementation, including work procedure generation.
- Competitive salary;
- 25 days' annual leave plus bank holidays;
- Workplace pension scheme;
- Wellbeing cashback plan;
- Casual and creative work environment;
- Balanced work-life company culture.
If you believe that you have what it takes to flourish and succeed in this role, send your application letter and CV to Jo.Rodway@andritz.com
*Strictly no agencies please