PURCHASE & EXPORT CONTROL ASSISTANT – Crawley, West Sussex UK
We are currently seeking a Purchasing & Export Control Assistant to join our growing multi-disciplinary Operations team. This position will be based in Crawley. The Purchasing & Export Control Assistant will assist the Purchasing manager in the placing of purchase orders and exporting finished product produced by Andritz Powerlase from its Crawley facility.
Key areas of responsibility
The following key areas of responsibility describe the main elements of your role that you are expected to perform in the normal course of your duties:
- Raising order in company MRP system and ensuring order acknowledgement dates are entered against the purchase order.
- Maintaining the purchase part lead-time, approved supplier information and buyer information in the MRP system.
- Generating overdue items report weekly to monitor promised delivery dates, contacting suppliers when deliveries are overdue.
- Expediting orders where required and renegotiating delivery dates with suppliers ensuring no impact of the production schedule.
- Maintaining purchase price book and supplier OTIF metric.
- Ensuring non-inventory internal purchase requisitions are received with expense authorisation, part descriptions/specifications and reasonable justifications.
- Providing Purchasing support for development projects, from finding vendors, initial enquiry work, quotation analysis and placing of purchase orders.
- Providing export control support.
- Create and maintain products costing data and ensure to retain origin statement from suppliers for FTA (Free Trade Agreement) approvals where required.
- Maintain a record of temporarily imported (i.e. Inward/Outward Processing Relief, Temporary Admission etc.) components and sub-assemblies from outside the EU and ensure to re-export them before the HMRC defined throughput period to outside the EU. Upon completion for re-exportation, ensure to discharge IPR import and apply for duty withdrawn where necessary.
- Dealing with any accounts issues with the accounts office when required.
- Assisting sales order intake and contract review ensuring that systems and documents are kept up to date.
The following skills and attributes are required to adequately fulfill this role:
- To be self-motivated, ambitious and able to work under your own initiative without constant guidance and management.
- To be respectful of and responsive to the requirements and needs of other employees, both professionally and personally; and to demonstrate an ability to work within a team environment.
- To support and demonstrate a respectful and responsible attitude towards the Company, our rules and regulations, our culture, our objectives and our ambitions.
- The ability to convey the Company in the most professional manner and to support fully at all times the Company’s desire to be the best.
- To work in an organised, intelligent, structured and methodical way and to maintain accurate records of your activities.
- To remain resilient to failure and to continue to strive for success regardless of the hurdles that are placed in your path.
- To be determined to do the best job that you can; to take pride in everything you do; and to actively promote those attitudes in others.
- Excellent inter-personal, communication and presentation skills useable in written, telephone and face-to-face situations.
- To demonstrate a methodical and organised approach, coupled with an eye for detail and the ability to identify and investigate areas of inaccuracy or error, and the tenacity to see problems through to their resolution.
- The ability to apply an appropriate level of professionalism and discretion when dealing with sensitive or provocative issues.
- The ability to gain and maintain the confidence, trust and acceptance from all people, including customers and colleagues.
- The ability to learn quickly and establish a high degree of knowledge and expertise in your particular field.
- To demonstrate a consistent and sustained focus and commitment to achieving targets and timescales, despite setbacks, obstacles and other compromised situations.
- To be organised, disciplined, attentive and proactive in all of your work.
- Competitive salary;
- 25 days' annual leave plus bank holidays;
- Workplace pension scheme;
- Wellbeing cashback plan;
- Casual and creative work environment;
- Balanced work-life company culture.
If you believe that you have what it takes to flourish and succeed in this role, send your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Strictly no agencies please