ELECTRONICS ENGINEER - Crawley, West Sussex, UK
We are currently seeking an Electronics Engineer to join our growing team based at our UK headquarters.
The Electronics Engineer will work with a small team of engineers and scientists, in the UK and US, supporting the production of advanced high-power laser systems for a variety of applications that leverages Powerlase’s high-power technology.
- Supports the sustaining engineering efforts for all products’ electrical systems and subsystems;
- Leads sustaining engineering projects to deal with component obsolescence - from alternative components to full PCB redesign;
- Designs and develops tooling, testing, training, etc. appropriate to the product and technologies being produced;
- Follows product from inception through product launch from a manufacturing perspective, interacting with early users, understanding issues and needs, and advocating and driving appropriate responses across the organisation;
- Investigates and debugs manufacturing, field service and customer problems and drives engineering solutions to improve or correct product or process issues;
- Works with suppliers to qualify components, troubleshoot issues, and assist in outside testing services for regulatory compliance;
- Writes ECN's to document and communicate engineering changes throughout the organisation, and coordinates implementation for smooth transitions of changes throughout manufacturing operations;
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, processes and procedures;
- Interacts with vendors and purchasing to resolve current and future product materials and parts, and evaluates potential vendors for capability, processes and quality standards;
- Optimise designs for production using DFA/DFM principles. Create models for documentation of designs for use in production processes for new or existing products;
- Execute verification test protocols that include environmental and accelerated life testing.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BEng, BSc or MEng MSc degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics. HND will also be considered along with relevant experience;
- Minimum 5 years of production or development engineering. Experience with high-power lasers would be an advantage;
- Experience with industrial safety / interlock requirements;
- Hands on engineer with good communication (written and oral) skills who likes to solve problems and work issues on the production floor as well as in the engineering lab;
- Demonstrates some understanding of industrial systems and their control including power distribution, supplies, controllers, sensors, serial buses, microprocessors, programmable logic, digital and analogue circuitry;
- Demonstrable understanding of electronic test methodologies, understanding of design for manufacturing, design for test, and design for reliability;
- Demonstrable project and task management skills;
- Positive attitude, high energy, leadership, project management and troubleshooting skills are required;
- Highly organised and detail-oriented with clear and professional written and oral communication skills.
- Competitive salary;
- 25 days' annual leave plus bank holidays;
- Workplace pension scheme;
- Wellbeing cashback plan;
- Casual and creative work environment;
- Balanced work-life company culture.
If you believe that you have what it takes to flourish and succeed in this role, send your application letter and CV to email@example.com