ELECTRONICS DESIGN ENGINEER – Crawley, West Sussex UK
We are currently seeking a Electronics Design Engineer to join our growing multi-disciplinary Operations team. This position will be based in Crawley.
The Electronics Design Engineer will work with a small team of engineers, scientists and technicians in the UK supporting the design and development of control systems in the production of the Company’s high power laser systems.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
The following key areas of responsibility describe the main elements of your role that you are expected to perform in the normal course of your duties:
- Design and develop control systems for high power diode pumped solid state lasers.
- Software and electronics design aspects of key projects, managing the development programme and timescales through to the release.
- Creation of documentation to support the full engineering lifecycle, including requirements, design, test specification, risk assessment and user documentation.
- Maintain existing technology systems, in terms of maintenance and customer specific design requirements.
- Help to define quality systems and procedures, including document management and revision control.
- Provide reports of test results, development progress and timescales.
- Work in collaboration with other development staff providing guidance and direction for assigned projects.
- Collaborate with other companies to support the product development and commercialisation.
- Identify and develop vendors providing components and services.
The following skills and attributes are required to adequately fulfill this role:
- To be self-motivated, ambitious and able to work under your own initiative without constant guidance and management.
- To be respectful of and responsive to the requirements and needs of other employees, both professionally and personally; and to demonstrate an ability to work within a team environment.
- To support and demonstrate a respectful and responsible attitude towards the Company, our rules and regulations, our culture, our objectives and our ambitions.
- The ability to convey the Company in the most professional manner and to support fully at all times the Company’s desire to be the best.
- To work in an organised, intelligent, structured and methodical way and to maintain accurate records of your activities.
- To remain resilient to failure and to continue to strive for success regardless of the hurdles that are placed in your path.
- To be determined to do the best job that you can; to take pride in everything you do; and to actively promote those attitudes in others.
- Excellent inter-personal, communication and presentation skills useable in written, telephone and face-to-face situations.
- To demonstrate a methodical and organised approach, coupled with an eye for detail and the ability to identify and investigate areas of inaccuracy or error, and the tenacity to see problems through to their resolution.
- The ability to apply an appropriate level of professionalism and discretion when dealing with sensitive or provocative issues.
- The ability to gain and maintain the confidence, trust and acceptance from all people, including customers and colleagues.
- The ability to learn quickly and establish a high degree of knowledge and expertise in your particular field.
- To demonstrate a consistent and sustained focus and commitment to achieving targets and timescales, despite setbacks, obstacles and other compromised situations.
- Competitive salary;
- 25 days' annual leave plus bank holidays;
- Workplace pension scheme;
- Wellbeing cashback plan;
- Casual and creative work environment;
- Balanced work-life company culture.
If you believe that you have what it takes to flourish and succeed in this role, send your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Strictly no agencies please